Loading... Please wait...
  • Image 1

Engine Company No. 6


Product Description

OE stands for Open Edition Print 

4" Diameter 1/8" Thick PVC

Exclusive to Picture This

The James Geddes Engine Company No. 6 building was constructed in 1886. The former firehouse is in a Victorian style and located at 2nd Avenue and Middleton in Nashville, Tennessee. At the time of construction the fire department used horse drawn vehicles thus explaining the fairly narrow front garage door. The circular tower on the right of the building had the fireman pole which is still present. The fire station was named for James Geddes, a surveyor of the railroad line between Louisville and Nashville in the 1850s. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. After sitting vacant for a number of years the building has now been converted to attorneys' offices.