Loading... Please wait...
  • Image 1

Governor Roberts House 7x5 print

Price:
$12.00
Quantity:

Product Description

The two-story Victorian house known as the Governor Roberts House is located at 3213 Freno Lane. The house was built in 1880 by Alex and Anna Perry and served as the main house of a large farm called Nutwood. In 1927 Governor A.H.Roberts purchased the property upon Mr. Perry's death. The house was his residence from 1928 until his death in 1946 when it was sold to the developers of the Lincoya subdivision.   Governor Roberts is best remembered as Governor in 1920 when the Legislature approved the 19th amendment which granted voting rights to women.