Loading... Please wait...
  • Image 1

Customs House Ornament - Retiring

Price:
$6.50
Brand:
Quantity:

Product Description

Ornament: 4" Diameter 1/8" Thick PVC

There is a limited quantity of this ornament available and it will be retired once the remaining inventory is sold out.

In 1877, President Rutherford B. Hayes helped to lay the cornerstone for the U.S. Customs House. This first federal building for Nashville, designed in Victorian Gothic architecture, was completed in 1882.

Long considered an impressive structure, it is located on Broadway between Seventh and Eighth Avenues and is a neighbor to the First Baptist Church and Hume Fogg High School. It was headquarters building for various federal agencies during most of its lifetime. In 1999 it is occupied by federal courtrooms and various businesses.