Loading... Please wait...
  • Image 1

Two Rivers Mansion (see McGavock Mansion) Ornament


Product Description

4" Diameter 1/8" Thick PVC

David McGavock built Two Rivers Mansion for his wife Willie (Harding) in 1859, just prior to the Civil War. It is located on a hill where the family could oversee the 1100 acres of the estate. The home is named for the Cumberland and Stones Rivers which converge near the plantation.

The mansion is constructed of bricks that were made on the property and it features many architectural details classified as Italianate.

Two Rivers was continually occupied by McGavock family members until 1964, when Louise Bransford McGavock died. She specified that the property would trnasfer to Vanderbuilt University, which in turn sold the house and half of the acreage to the City of Nashville. This 1990 lithograph shows the structure is in excellent condition and is maintained by the Metropolitan Nashville Department of Parks and Recreation. Two Rivers Mansion is a popular location for weddings, receptions and parties.