Loading... Please wait...
  • Image 1

Public Square - Clarksville, Tennessee


Product Description

OE stands for Open Edition Print 

Ornament: 4" Diameter 1/8" Thick PVC

The colorful brick edifaces pictured in this 1983 limited edition print are located in downtown Clarksville. This block now houses the city's governmental and operational offices and is known officially and affectionately as the "Public Square". These structures have been refurbished but most of the basic foundations and walls date back prior to 1860.

Before purchase by the city, they were utilized for many decades as locations for various commercial enterprises. For examples, the mayor's office was once the Bank of America and the City Hall was remodeled in 1914 from a jail that was constructed prior to the Civil War.

During our nation's Bicentennial Celebration in 1976, the buildings depicted were renovated under the direction of the late J.D. Hanley.